Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Day of Mixed Emotions + Drishtikon

It was a pretty good day. It would be unfair if i just term it 'good'. It was always an uphill task waking up early on a sunday after saturday night dhamaka. But, there was nt any last night though. :) Somehow, managed to wake up early around 08:53 AM. Early - Ai'nt it?? Heh Heh. I have booked an appointment for an IKEA visit. Hmmm. Forgot to mention the Cold Coffee @ HoneyDew. Reel Paaathi Real Paathi was on the air during the drive. on AIR??? just kidding. I had some next street software company's tool that gets me an mp3 with an youtube link.cool - ai'nt it. It was not a great episode but still it was fun. Reached IKEA with my friend.Murphy's Law played a major role today - Whatever you wish for, the stock is over. After all the brain storming thoughts - we had an option to select one out of one. We were happy that we had an option. Its an option? Yes, it is - a mandatory option if you have to get it.confusing. So were we, couple of hours before. Things got much better with a good lunch of course. I was planning to quit non-veg. With some brain storming session on this regard, i just rolled back before committing myselves to be a vegetarian.[Thank God - I did not tell my girl about this].. Heyyy - Hang on! - My Girl.. Enna daaa - Vivek maaathiri(like Vivek - an awesome comedy artist in Tamil(Indian Language) cinema], She is my girl friend. But, the guy next to her is her boyfriend. Pinna enna daaa....(Difficult to translate- something like pinna enna daa - lol).Back on track. Where was I?? Haaa. Lunch. Pasta with Chicken and couple of chicken fingers(thumb fingers) - they were sooo biggg.some french fries too.

Post Lunch, we came down to pick our items. Oh godd - we had about four trolleys full of our items. And, you know what - we saved 5c over 1500$. cool.... I would never say about that. Company Policy :). The 6 hour stay at Ikea was over and we headed towards the cinemas for M.N.Shyamalan's 'The Happening' - The movie was pretty good. I would come with a different post for its review. I enjoyed the movie. I would say almost everyone. An intelligent crowd really appreciate it. I hope so, everyone would appreciate it now..Marketing strategy.

Not a bad dinner with some chicken fried rice and watched 'The Longest Yard' on theatre - again. its a home theatre this time. Came back home. It was nt my home theatre by the way.

Then i just had a reply from one other friend regarding Drishtikon - A New initiative by a couple of young human beings somewhere in this part of the worls from the nation where i was born.
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=49311372 - Visit this if you have some time. It's basically a team formed to promote education and stress it importance in the rural areas. pretty much happy to be a part of the team but i could not involve actively. I wish i would be there for atleast an event one day.It was really good when i was viewing the album. So little kids, so innocent - do they know the problems in this world. Better they do not.If there is something that would save this world from hatred - i would feel its proper education, not just aggressive education.I believe the Drishtikon team would do a great impact. Amidst people who would just criticize society all the time, i find the team to be something different. An interesting quote but quite realistic - If you are not a part of the solution, then you are a part of the problem.I would contribute my thoughts and other funds as far as i could. The smile of each and every kid in those pics - they tell it. Oh Mann! Heart warming.

okay guys- getting a bit emotional. Not badd. Not too good either. Let me get back to the Comedy gods - Vivek ji,Vadivelu ji and of course Gounder ji .

A Day of Mixed emotions. Started with Honey Dew to Ikea mixing pasta and chichken fings later to find something happening with Drishtikon as well. Wowww - What would they call this as?? A sentence with the series of events that happened today. Whatsoever. Let me know when some one knows about it.

Signing off for now. Hope to sign in asap for the Happenign review and a note on Kung Fu Panda as well.

On the Back ground - Nothing Else Matters. Good Night. its 12:16 AM now.. Maaaama Mia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:-) Welcome to the blogging world. Expecting more write-ups from you. Have fun!